CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Submissions to UNTITLED 15: SooVAC’s 15TH Annual Juried Show
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Sunday, December 2nd, 2018 BY 11:59PM. Call opens November 2nd.
SooVAC is now taking submissions for Untitled 15, one of our flagship exhibition series. SooVAC invites guest jurors, with local, national and international reputations, to select work from open submissions. Untitled offers artists the opportunity to work with a professional art space and influential arts figures toward the production of an exhibition that has a highly regarded reputation. We accept all mediums from artists at any stage in their career. The work will be selected from the submitted work samples so make sure that work is available for exhibition.
We are accepting all submissions through Submittable. The application fee is $15 through Submittable. If you are a current member of SooVAC, memberships are annual so if you aren't sure if you are a current member email , please use the application for members where the fee is waived. For any technical questions about your online application please contact Submittable, for any other questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow the Submittable button below to start your application.
UNTITLED 15 JUROR: Mia Lopez
Submission Deadline: Sunday December 2nd, 2018 before Midnight.
Mia Lopez is a curator, writer, and art historian with over ten years of experience in museums and non-profit art spaces. In August of 2016 Lopez joined the DePaul Art Museum as Assistant Curator, and am currently working on projects with Chicago, national, and international artists. As the 2013—2015 Curatorial Fellow for Visual Arts at the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis she collaborated on exhibitions, programs, and catalogs including 9 Artists (October 2013), Art at the Center: 75 Years of Walker Collections (October 2014) and International Pop (April 2015). In 2013 she completed dual Masters at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago in Modern and Contemporary Art History, Theory, and Criticism and Arts Administration and Policy; her graduate thesis examined anthropology, museology, and performance in work by Guillermo Gómez-Peña and Coco Fusco. Lopez also has a BA in Art History from Rice University. She has lectured and participated in juries and panels at the Smithsonian Latino Center, the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, the University of Minnesota, the Minneapolis College of Art and Design, the University of Illinois at Chicago, ArtPrize, and the Rochester Art Center. She has written for the Walker Art Center, Hyperallergic, Augsburg College, the Contemporary Art Museum Houston, and the Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum, as well as other publications. Her interests include identity politics, social justice, institutional critique, social practice, experimental and alternative spaces, and performance.
The following dates may be subject to change:
ARTIST NOTIFICATIONS: Early January
WORK DROP OFF DATES: Feb 1 - 2, 2019 (Fri-Sat) Untitled 15
Exhibition Dates: February 9 - March 15, 2019
OPENING RECEPTION: Saturday, February 9, 2019 6pm – 9pm
Exhibition Closes: Friday, March 15, 2019 .
WORK PICKUP: March 16-17, 2019 (Sat-Sun)
1. Application Form-Fill in all of your contact information on Submittable.
2. WORK SAMPLES-EXACTLY 5 IMAGES (FOR VIDEO SEE BELOW*) Group exhibitions or collaborative projects are also accepted but the images cannot exceed 5. Digital Image Specifications: Images should be in JPEG format no larger than 1000 x 1000 pixels @ 72 dpi. Format each jpeg file name as “Artist’s last name_Artist’s first name_1.jpg,” “Artist’s last name_ Artist’s first name_2.jpg,” etc. Each JPEG may not exceed 1MB and 1000 pixels in any direction. *Video Submissions are also accepted in .mov format, no larger than 200MB and no more than 2 min clips for each video submission label the same as images files. Work samples cannot exceed 5 but can be a combination of video and image files.
3. IMAGE LIST- Fill out each Image description field with the following information: List the following information for each work (make sure your image number corresponds to the label on your JPEG images):-Title of work-Date completed-Medium-Dimensions (H” x W” x D”)PLEASE INCLUDE TITLE, MEDUIM, DIMENSIONS AND DATE OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
4. ARTIST STATEMENT – doc, docx, txt, rtf or pdf format accepted. Label this document: Artist’s last name_Artist’s first name_artiststatement.doc ex. Doe_Jane_Artiststatement.doc. No longer than 1 page.
5. RESUME – doc, docx, txt, rtf or pdf format accepted. Label this document: Artist’s last name_Artist’s first name_Resume.doc ex. Doe_Jane_Resume.doc. Please provide a website if you have one. If you are applying as a group or collaborative team include all participating artists' resumes in one document.
GOOD THINGS TO KNOW 1. Notification will be done by email or phone so please make sure to include both on your application. 2. We do not provide insurance for the artwork. Artists that wish to insure their work must provide their own. We do provide loving care for your work.
CHECKLIST:The following is submitted Sunday December 2nd, 2018 before Midnight:
___Application Form (Fill Out all of your information on Submittable).
___5 IMAGES OF YOUR ARTWORK-JPEG format (.jpg)
___RESUME (doc, docx, txt, rtf or pdf format accepted.).
___IMAGE LIST (Fill out Description Fills for each corresponding image)
___ARTIST STATEMENT 1 page (doc, docx, txt, rtf or pdf format accepted). PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY INCOMPLETE OR INCORRECT SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.