CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Submissions to UNTITLED 16: SooVAC’s 16TH Annual Juried Show
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Sunday, December 15th, 2019 BY 11:59PM. Call opens November 15th.
UNTITLED 16: SooVAC’s 16TH Annual Juried Show
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday December 15th, 2019 at 11:59pm.
SooVAC is now taking submissions for Untitled 16, one of our flagship exhibition series. SooVAC invites guest jurors, with local, national and international reputations, to select work from open submissions. Untitled offers artists the opportunity to work with a professional art space and influential arts figures toward the production of an exhibition that has a highly regarded reputation. We accept all mediums from artists at any stage in their career. The work will be selected from the submitted work samples so make sure that work is available for exhibition.
We are accepting all submissions through Submittable. The application fee is $35 through Submittable, if this fee is a barrier to submission please contact email@example.com. If you are a current member of SooVAC, memberships are annual so if you aren't sure if you are a current member email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your membership is up to date, then please use the application for members where the fee is waived. For any technical questions about your online application please contact Submittable, for any other questions contact Amina Harper at email@example.com. Follow the Submittable button below to start your application.
UNTITLED 16 JUROR: Natalie Bell
JUROR: Natalie Bell
Natalie Bell is Associate Curator at the New Museum, New York, where she has curated and co-curated recent solo exhibitions by Mariana Castillo Deball (2019), Rodrigo Valenzuela (2019), Lubaina Himid (2019), Hiwa K (2018), Anna Boghiguian (2018), Jonathas de Andrade (2017), Elaine Cameron-Weir (2017), Kahlil Joseph (2017), Albert Oehlen (2015), Barbara Rossi (2015), Anri Sala (2016), Andra Ursuta (2016), and Lynette Yiadom-Boakye (2017). She has also co-curated several major group exhibitions, including The Warmth of Other Suns (2019); Trigger: Gender as a Tool and a Weapon (2017); The Keeper (2016), and Here and Elsewhere (2014).
Submission Deadline: Sunday December 15th, 2019 at 11:59pm. The following dates may be subject to change:
ARTIST NOTIFICATIONS: Mid January
WORK DROP OFF DATES: Feb 5 - 7, 2019 (Wed-Friday)
Untitled 16 Exhibition Dates: February 15 - March 22, 2020
OPENING RECEPTION: Saturday, February 15, 2020 6pm – 9pm
Exhibition Closes: Saturday, March 21, 2020.
WORK PICKUP: Sunday, March 22, 2020
We are accepting all submissions through Submittable. The application fee is $35 through Submittable. If you are a current member of SooVAC please use the application for members where the fee is waived, your SooVAC membership is annual so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure it is up to date.
If you have any technical questions about uploading your submissions contact Submittable, if you have any other questions contact Amina at email@example.com.
1. Application Form-Fill in all of your contact information on Submittable.
2. WORK SAMPLES-EXACTLY 5 IMAGES (FOR VIDEO SEE BELOW*) Group exhibitions or collaborative projects are also accepted but the images cannot exceed 5. Digital Image Specifications: Images should be in JPEG format no larger than 1000 x 1000 pixels @ 72 dpi. Format each jpeg file name as “Artist’s last name_Artist’s first name_1.jpg,” “Artist’s last name_ Artist’s first name_2.jpg,” etc. Each JPEG may not exceed 1MB and 1000 pixels in any direction. *Video Submissions are also accepted in .mov format, no larger than 200MB and no more than 2 min clips for each video submission label the same as images files. Work samples cannot exceed 5 but can be a combination of video and image files.
3. IMAGE LIST- Fill out each Image description field with the following information: List the following information for each work (make sure your image number corresponds to the label on your JPEG images): -Title of work -Date completed -Medium -Dimensions (H” x W” x D”) PLEASE INCLUDE TITLE, MEDUIM, DIMENSIONS AND DATE OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
4. ARTIST STATEMENT – doc, docx, txt, rtf or pdf format accepted. Label this document: Artist’s last name_Artist’s first name_artiststatement.doc ex. Doe_Jane_Artiststatement.doc. No longer than 1 page.
5. RESUME – doc, docx, txt, rtf or pdf format accepted. Label this document: Artist’s last name_Artist’s first name_Resume.doc ex. Doe_Jane_Resume.doc. Please provide a website if you have one. If you are applying as a group or collaborative team include all participating artists' resumes in one document.
GOOD THINGS TO KNOW 1. Notification will be done by email or phone so please make sure to include both on your application. 2. We do not provide insurance for the artwork. Artists that wish to insure their work must provide their own. We do provide loving care for your work.
CHECKLIST: The following is submitted Sunday December 15th, 2019 before Midnight.: ___Application Form (Fill Out all of your information on Submittable
___5 IMAGES OF YOUR ARTWORK-JPEG format (.jpg)
___IMAGE LIST (Fill out Description Fills for each corresponding image)
___RESUME (doc, docx, txt, rtf or pdf format accepted.).
___ARTIST STATEMENT 1 page (doc, docx, txt, rtf or pdf format accepted). PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY INCOMPLETE OR INCORRECT SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.